Panoply is looking to hire a passionate and enthusiastic Lead Customer Success Engineer on the Customer Success team. The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert in reading and writing SQL and is empathic to the customer's needs through written and verbal communication. The Lead Customer Success Engineer would be a player-coach role. You will coach a team of Customer Success Engineers to provide superior service and put that advice into practice by managing some of our top customers.
If this describes you, then please apply. We look forward to meeting you and having you join our exceptional team!
A Lead Customer Success Engineer at Panoply by SQream is a hybrid role and focuses on four key areas:
Technical leadership (40% of your time)
- Become the go-to technical expert of the product—lead product discussions from the customer's perspective.
- Develop training material and documentation.
- Help other Customer Success Engineers with technical questions.
- Supervise educational resources creation
Proactive customer outreach (40% of your time)
- Monitor strategic customer usage data and contact customers to ensure customer retention and identify upsell/cross-sell potential
- Partner with strategic customers to provide data warehousing best practices, solve technical issues, and optimize the data pipeline.
Sales engineering (20% of your time)
- Work alongside the Account Executive to demonstrate the value of Panoply throughout the sales cycle, answer technical questions, and create POCs for prospects.
- Lead a team of Customer Success Engineers from a technical perspective.
- Spearhead training and team development efforts.
- Run mission-critical hotfixes.
- Be the technical expert about Panoply - know the ins and outs of our platform, how our system works, and the underlying technologies we are built on (Redshift and Google BigQuery).
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors to position Panoply in relation to them.
- Be the go-to contact for technical problems for our users.
- Help onboard new customers to the Panoply platform, providing best practices and answering technical questions along the way.
- Conduct data reviews and support calls with customers to share solutions and increase usability, performance, and value.
- Create content that answers common questions asked by our users.
- Be the voice of our users - advocate for features that would help to improve the customer's experience.
- Always be learning and looking to expand your technical knowledge.
- Must be located in USA
- Previous experience in a Technical Leadership role.
- Previous experience working directly in a mission-critical production environment.
- Previous experience as a Customer Success Engineer, Support Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Sales Engineer, or similar roles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another relevant field. Relevant work experience may fulfill this requirement.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, provide creative solutions, and communicate them to non-technical users in both verbal and written form.
- Deep knowledge of SQL (e.g., window functions, CTEs, materialized views, query optimization, etc.).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python.
Previous experience working with
- REST APIs
- Terminal/Command Line
- Relational database technologies
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience working with
- Redshift or Google BigQuery
- NoSQL database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- AWS (e.g., S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
- GCP (e.g., Cloud Storage, Cloud Logging, etc.)