SQream DB enables leading worldwide customers in telecom, retail, finance and additional industries fast and simple big-data analysis on huge data sets.
The Release Engineer in SQream is responsible for the release scoping and planning, hands-on testing and controlling of the build. The Release Manager is responsible for the delivery of quality releases in a predictable and transparent way.
Our ideal candidate is a sharp & dynamic individual who is comfortable with both technical and management challenges. You will collaborate with other teams (Product, R&D, Delivery) to impact and reflect priorities across the entire organization.
- Manage the release process, risks, and prioritization, and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time, within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Work closely with the product team, R&D and Q&A to understand the full content, technical aspects and business goals of each release
- Hands-on testing (automated and manual), manage the continuous build and maintain release infrastructure
- Communicate release details and schedules to key stakeholders as required
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build, release procedures and release notes
- Lead without authority and push tasks forward to the completion
- 3+ years of experience in the following areas: release engineering/release management/configuration management/project management
- 5+ years of experience of QA Engineer/QA team manager/SQL Developer (DBA) / BI Developer
- Strong Linux experience
- Scripting skills is required
- Experience in automation of release/build processes
- Experience in Jira, Git or any equivalent tools
- Detail-oriented, able to grasp/plan/track/execute processes quickly and reliably
- Able to carry out multiple concurrent tasks, and adapt to different priorities
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively respond to team members, management, programmers, and partners
- Able to function independently with minimal direction/guidance
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure systems – an advantage
- Available off hours for hot-fix, patches, etc
- BSc in Computer Science