As our Pre-sale Engineer, you’ll be our technical solutions consultant, platform evangelist and customer advocate. You will be working closely with sales to execute on customer opportunities; you’ll be creating tailored demonstrations that showcase the breadth and depth of SQream DB; you’ll be creating and nurturing strong customer relationships with each pilot engagement in order to ensure customer satisfaction and ultimately contribute to a closure of a sales transaction.
You must possess a broad technical background and the ability to dive deep into complex business processes and understand the technology platforms which support them. This role will identify how source data is generated and used, map data flows with business processes and identify functional gaps. This person can write compelling explanations of current state system gaps/deficiencies and generate ideas on solutions for system re-architecture to influence change.
- Create and conduct stock demonstrations of SQream DB including different use cases for different industries.
- Create and conduct very simple but tailored demonstrations of SQream DB using customer data and scenarios.
- Partner with customers, partners and sales executives to define the scope of work for successful paid pilots.
- Lead the pilot process, especially during the first month, in which the technical configuration, data transformation and solution creation take place.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to identify new opportunities and revenue streams within prospects and customers.
- Attend meetups and technical events in the big-data space and be SQream’s advocate among the data-scientist/data-analysts community.
- Professional experience as a sales engineer or technical sales consultant working for a company selling sophisticated data-centric software such as business intelligence software, data visualization software, relational database management systems, data integration and/or ETL tools.
- Off the charts passion for delivering elegantly-designed and well-performing products.
- Ability to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence by a wide variety of individuals within a customer organization.
- Comfort and natural ability to consultatively encourage customers to try new products and/or extend their current solution – both of which help grow revenue per customer.
- Ability to “think on your feet” and comfortable architecting creative solutions to data sharing problems by adapting and configuring SQream DB to meet unique customer needs. Ability to articulately talk through and whiteboard these concepts and approaches with customers.
- Ability to perform data transformations using data extract, transform and load (ETL) tools and/or by writing scripts in interpreted languages such as python.
- Ability to focus, balance trade-offs, work within constraints and make good decisions, including managing multiple projects simultaneously, is required.
- Comfortable conducting customer trainings of SQream’s DB.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Great communicator, comfortable working in multi-cultural environment.
- Travel is expected for customer engagements.