Big-Data Solution Architect
The Big-Data Solution Architect is responsible for understanding emerging and evolving customers’ Big-Data Analytics models and requirements, able to articulately talk through, present and whiteboard big-data analytics concepts and approaches with customers and provide creative solutions utilizing SQream DB to meet customer needs. The Big-Data Solution Architect, will define and lead customers’ POCs and will be working closely with the North American Sales team, as well as the technical product team in the R&D center.
The Big-Data Solution Architect will play a critical, customer facing role that interacts with multiple teams within the organization. The architect is expected to positively impact the customer evaluation and buying experience and then be accountable for the end-to-end customer deployment and SQream DB usage experience with the full support of the company behind him/her. The architect must possess a broad technical background in databases and DWH solutions, including technical knowledge in Big-Data solutions.
- Create, conduct and demonstrate SQream DB using relevant customers use cases and scenarios.
- Lead the proof-of-concept (PoC) process, identify and manage the challenges from a technical perspective to enable sales focus.
- Partner with customers, partners and sales executives to define the scope of work for successful pilots and sales campaigns.
- Partner with the sales and marketing team to identify new opportunities and revenue streams.
- Design a solution to meet customer’s requirements and specifying an implementation plan both on SW and HW level.
- Document the requirements and architecture of the solution and define end user POCs to test the architectures, usage models and corresponding SQream technologies in testbed or real end user environments.
- Attend meetups and technical events in the big-data space to extend SQream’ s DB product presence among the data-scientist/data-analysts community.
- Strong understanding of relational databases. Vast experience in data models and data modeling.
- Professional experience as a sales engineer or technical sales consultant working for a company selling sophisticated data-centric software such as business intelligence software, data visualization software, relational database management systems, data integration and/or ETL tools.
- Experience in Requirements Engineering, Solution Architecture, Design, Development and Deployment.
- A broad set of technical skills and knowledge across software, hardware, systems and solutions development and across more than one technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience in creating a product or IT solution in the area of Big-Data/Analytics.
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts
- Ability to develop technical relationships with end-users, ISVs, OEMs and other platform architects and Proof-Of-Concept engineers.
- Good familiarity with Linux operating system, as well as scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and Perl.
- Comfortable conducting per-demand technical workshops with customers.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to represent your company in industry standards organizations, industry technical forums and events.
- Strong technical leadership and collaboration skills.
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Travel is expected for customer engagements.