Big Data Engineer
As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for crafting technical solutions for SQream’s customers. You will lead analysis and implementation of SQream big data technology stack, implementing best practices from architectural design through administration, creating a highly scalable and extensible cloud-based and on-premise DWH solutions integrated with customers’ existing echo systems.
You’ll be working closely with our Delivery and R&D teams, as well as our clients, on a wide variety of business solutions. Together, we aspire to provide complete customer satisfaction with our current and pending projects.
- Design, implement and fine-tune SQream’s Big Data solutions according to customers’ needs.
- Write highly complex SQL queries.
- Implement ETL tools for customized Big Data solutions.
- Develop tailored technical strategies for projects: system analysis, design, testing and acceptance test of our products.
- Maintain ongoing communications with R&D to ensure continuous improvement of SQream products.
- Foster strong, productive working relationships with customers and team members.
- Take part in POC’s, and participate in presale phases of project development.
- 5+ years of experience as a DBA (infrastructure).
- Deep understanding of Big Data solutions.
- Familiar with different ETL tools and experience in implementing complex ETL processes.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with different storage systems – an advantage.
- Java programming experience – an advantage.
- Strong technical background.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High problem solving skill.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- High level of written and spoken English